Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Introducing Marco Middlesex -Bearlesque Cub Cadet

In the next few weeks you will se some interviews of the performers in Bearlesque. First up the spunky Marco Middlesex!
Where did you grow up and if not in SF what brought you here?

“I grew up most of my childhood in England, just outside of London, my father is a retired US Navy chief petty officer, and I attended boarding schools for almost all of my education, while him and my family went on tours of duty in Europe & the Middle East, I was in a Catholic (no comment needed!) run boarding school for military dependent children, and being left to my own devices for all intents and purposes, I used to sneak out on the weekends of course and go to London town, where I of course 'came out' at the age of 16 must to the chagrin of my parents, and sad to say it's still grist for the mill even today!
I came to San Francisco in 1994, moving from PA (as in Penn NOT Cooley!) with a friend who offered to pay for my way out here, he knew no-one out here and I happily agreed to be his roomie, went through the usual retail hell career path, went back to school, got my degree, and went into Accounting & Bookkeeping (no really!) and decided to make a career change about a year ago, and needless to say a huge pay cut and work for a non-profit organization that rescues, fosters and finds adoptive loving people & families for them, specializing in small breed dogs!”


What are you passionate about these days?

“Aside form my work with A Leg Up Rescue, I am to quote an old Deanna Durbin film title 'Mad About Music!' and am also an avid film watcher, and after we wrap 'P.A. Cooley's Bearlesque' am going to be starting a screenplay treatment for an short film concept I've been developing, a parody of the hit movie Paranormal Activity, the working title is going to be 'Bearanormal Proclivity!”

Where do you think you fit in to the Bear Community?

Honestly, I don't think I really belong in any one specific sub-genre of the bear community, I mean I feel that I'm too old to be a cub (I'm 47 and yes you can print that!) and not big & tall enough to be a bear, and I don't have the slenderness of an otter for sure! So I guess that makes me, as so dubbed by you of course, a self-proclaimed Cougar Cub!


What do you think the Bear Community should be focusing on as a whole these days?

Aside from the continual supporting various charities and organizations, I think that a stronger focus also needs to be also on camaraderie  and not to be so pre-occupied with 'fitting in' a particular sub-genre of the bear community. I always believe that to show solidarity shows one's strength, commitment and courage to, without sounding like a cliche (oops too late!) 'fight the good fight'!!


How would an ideal date for you go?


Well, the perfect date for me would be to be  picked up a handsome gentleman caller, go for an exotic dinner at a restaurant I have never been before, then afterwards go to get a chocolaty dessert from a local bakery, and weather permitting, drive up to the top of Twin Peaks, eat our dessert, then admire the beautiful view, and the cityscape also!!


Do you have a fetish? If so what is it?


Without a doubt, I like me some leather, and some good old school rock n' roll, yea I go me a penchant for those Sons Of Anarchy!!
Oh yea, and experimenting with foods during foreplay!!!

What made you decide to get involved in my show?

Aside from my usual karaoke turns @ The Mint and other places, and singing/performing for friend's parties and events here and there, I have wanted to get back into theater performance and also singing to a larger audience, and would eventually like to establish myself as a local performer. And I saw your ad on Facebook, I took a chance and replied and the rest as the story goes, is history! And being as it's been almost a decade since I have been in a theater production, I am so proud and excited to be a part of your vision!!


Anything you want to say to all the Bears and Cubs out there?


Your love and support of local performers is nothing short of amazing, and I am privileged and honored to be doing what I'm doing, as long as there is a cause and concern to raise money for, support and nurture then as long as I have an audience to sing and perform to, this is where I will be! I feel so proud and inspired by all that I have worked, and will work with in the future, and I see an incredible future for our community!!

No comments:

Post a Comment